- Very good
- Very good
- Your rating:
Your rating has been saved
Oops, something's gone wrong. Try again.
- Free (GPL)
- Latest version:
- 0.98.9 29/05/12
- Last month's downloads:
- 31.6 MB
- Developer's website
aMSN is fully compatible with:
- Mac OS X
You'll also need:
|Others:||Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later|
aMSN is also compatible with
Versions of aMSN
|aMSN 0.98.9 29/05/12||Free (GPL)||English||Download|
|aMSN 0.98 19/06/13||Free (GPL)||English||Download|
|aMSN 0.97 19/06/13||Free (GPL)||English||Download|
Did you know about a new version? Tell us
Alternative to Microsoft Messenger supporting webcams
- New Contact List !!
- We can drag contacts between groups
- New login window
- Added support for Offline Messages
- Voice clips : sending and receiving !
- New default skin + new smiley set
- DualDisplayPicture plugin into the core
- Add Audio and Video Assistant
- support for JPEG webcams
- support for UYVY palette
- fix bug with PWC driver
- Only for amsn-remote,fixed possible DoS attack, and make remote not reply to commands when it's not enabled, instead of waiting for authentication and parsing commands, which may lead to parse errors.
- Fix bugs with DP browser
- Added new bindings to manage tabs
- Show Web/Online for people using webmessenger
- added tkdnd for windows,
- Fix smileys menu issues
- Fix file transfert bugs but some still remains
- Fix bugs with chameleon
- Improve linflash
- Fix to the first libmimic bug ever, in 2 years
- Fix bug with http proxies
Due to a change by Microsoft in the way Messenger handles AV protocols, this latest release of aMSN does not support video at the moment although the developers hope to resolve this soon. It should also be noted that the latest release of Microsoft Messenger for Mac does now support audio and video.
- More features than MSN
- Extended customization
- Usually allows use of webcams (although temporarily disabled in this update)
- Allows you to sign into multiple accounts at once
- Many users report problems opening webcams
- Webcam/Audio support disabled in this update
- Only supports audio clips not audio chats in realtime
"Espected Cam Update????"
Thanx for all the info it has been helpful.
Any news on when we can expect as resolution to the web cam issue with the latest version of amsn?
This is a killer for all us mac users and we really need a solution............
- 07 Jun 2010
Like most instant messenger apps, you can use emoticons in Yahoo! Messenger. Clicking the smiley face... See more
It's clear to us at Softonic that a huge number of people, after switching from Windows to Mac, still... See more
Discover alternatives to and add-ons for aMSN
- msn messenger
- download msn messenger 7.5
- animated emoticons
- real time messaging protocol download
- download msn messenger 8.5
- free microsoft word emoticons
- change words on a website
- amsn 0.98.3
- amsn 0.98.9